The Friends of the Flint Public Library organization gives an annual gift to help fund projects or programs the Library could not otherwise afford. This membership organization was formed in 1953. The Friends began supporting the used book sales in 1968 and have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Flint Public Library since that time.
The Friends gave an inspirational gift to kick off the community-wide phase of the renovation fundraising. Their leadership is commemorated through the naming of this room. Each time someone uses the Friends of the Flint Public Library Room, they will be reminded of the generous volunteers who work so hard on behalf of the Library.