Book a 30 minute session with a Librarian or Subject Expert to assist with the basics of many technical and library issues. The session may be in person or on Zoom, depending on the library’s assessment of community health risks at the time of your appointment.
- Downloading Ebooks and Audiobooks
- Streaming music with Freegal or movies with Kanopy
- Using specialty resources such as Linked In Learning, Pronunciator, Learning Express Library or MeL Databases
- Setting up and using social media
- Using the library catalog and logging into your account
- Other computer and internet instruction
- Researching genealogy or local history
Library staff can help with brief advice on many of these topics at the information desks. If your questions are more in depth or require extended time, the staff member may suggest you sign up for Book an Expert session to get the advice you need.
How to Register
Book an Expert sessions require advance appointments. Generally, you may book once every month. Please be very specific in telling us the details of what you wish to learn so we can match you with the right person. If we do not have an expert available in your topic, we will let you know.
Submit a Book an Expert Request with this Form
Or Register by Phone
Call 810-249-2569 to tell us your training request. Staff will take your information and a scheduler will call you to discuss your need and schedule the appointment.